Who’s excited for Thanksgiving? I would hope most of us are, but Thanksgiving can also bring a lot of stress, anxiety, hurt feelings, and boring conversation. It can be tough communicating with extended family sometimes. There are always different viewpoints and people can be very sensitive when a touchy subject arises. Thankfully in my family, we’re all pretty much on the same page, but there have been a few times when someone was offended and feelings were hurt. I think for the most part, people are aware that politics and religious conversations should be avoided and saved for another date, but sometimes it still creeps in there. With so many subjects off limits, it can often be difficult to start conversations with people you haven’t seen in forever. Here are some of my favorite conversation starters that have nothing to do with the weather and that will leave you with a better understanding of your long lost cousin (or whomever else you haven’t seen all year):
- Think Travel: Where have you traveled to recently? Do you prefer to relax or go on adventures? Where did you have your favorite travel experience? What was the most amazing hotel you’ve stayed in?
- Think Relationships: What is the best surprise you have ever received? Tell me about your first date. What is the best holiday you’ve spent together?
- Think Health/Wellness: Are you into any new fitness classes lately? What’s the craziest diet you’ve tried?
- Think Food: What is your favorite dish to eat on Thanksgiving? If you could eat only one food on this table for a year, what would you choose?
- Think Career: Ask an older family member to describe their first job. If you could have any job, what would you do?
- Think TV/Movies: Are you watching any good shows on TV? What was the last movie you saw? Is there a celebrity you’d like to be friends with?
Shop My Look
Shop Erik’s Look
Shop Claire’s Look
Shop Ethan’s Look
If you take a look at the product links above, 99% of our clothes were found here. They are having some AMAZING sales right now, so it’s the perfect time to pick up these pieces. Also, if you are cardholder, early access to their Black Friday sale runs November 15th-18th, which means you get 50% off your entire purchase in-store and online when you use your card.