It’s a new year and if you’re like me, then you would agree that it’s so much fun to start the new year with new products and clothes, so I thought it’d be fun to do a post with 9 things you need to buy in 2019. These are all things that I absolutely love and really want to share with you all so I hope you try them. Let’s get started!
1. a Vellabox subscription – never heard of Vellabox? I hadn’t either, but when I came across it, I was thrilled! We all know about beauty subscription boxes, but this is a candle box. I recently put away my holiday scents and kept telling my husband about how I wanted to find a fresh scent for the new year, and then I found Vellabox! Vellabox is a monthly subscription box that features candles. They have 3 different price points (ranging from $10-$30) and have various candle sizes to choose from. I ended up going with the Vivere box, which includes (1) 8oz candle, (1) 4oz candle, and a surprise gift. Every month, you receive new candles that are sourced from the finest American artisans. How cool is that? This month, I received an “Energize” and a “Relax” candle from California. Let me tell you….they smell SO good! The “Energize” candle has eucalyptus, spearmint, and musk fragrance notes. Oddly enough, it smells just like the amazing pink baby lotion that mothers swear by. I placed the “Relax” candle on my nightstand and I have loved having the fragrance fill my bedroom before I go to bed. If you enjoy candles, love having your home smell amazing, and enjoy a monthly surprise gift, than you have to try Vellabox!
2. this faux Gucci double G belt – you’ve probably seen this belt on every single influencer you follow, including me. I don’t know about them, but mine is fake! Sorry, but I don’t have the budget to purchase a $450 belt, so this $35 one had to do. But guess what? It looks exactly like the real one! I seriously wear this belt multiple times a week, it’s that good. If you want to feel “on trend”, this is an excellent accessory to add to your wardrobe.
3. an amazing smelling deodorant – you guys, this deodorant smells so good, you won’t even feel the need to add perfume. The other day I was at the gym and a gorgeous girl came up to me and said I smelled so good. I kind of laughed, because I was only wearing this deodorant. It is a cult favorite in the beauty industry! In all honesty, it’s a little bit pricey, but I promise, you’ll love it.
4. a new pair of sunglasses – if you follow me on Instagram, then you know these glasses are one of my absolute favorites! There aren’t many words that can describe my infatuation with these, so just buy them. They are the perfect combination of classic frames, but with a trendy “matte” finish and an extra dark center. They go with everything! Trust me, add these to your cart now. You won’t regret it.
5. a new cookbook – we all get in a cooking rut, making the same meals over and over, so grab yourself a new cookbook. I have LOVED this one and added a lot of the recipes into our weekly rotation. Some of our family favorites are the crepes, creamy chicken taquitos, and the french dip sandwich. They are SO yummy! The recipes are easy to follow and all have pictures (one of my cookbook requirements). I really think you’ll love it.
6. a package of Spin Pins – I call these “curly q’s” and they are an absolute necessity. These will completely change your life. You can get rid of your bobby pins that never stay in place and replace them with a couple of these Spin Pins. They are the best! Any time my hair is back in a messy bun or a chignon, I use these. All you do is twist it right to secure the hair, and then twist it left to remove it. So simply and easy; I love them!
7. a fantastic new shade of lipstick – I recently spent way too long in Ulta trying to find a really good matte red lipstick and thankfully, I didn’t leave empty handed. This shade is so beautiful and is also long lasting! I had never tried this brand for lipsticks before and I am definitely a convert. You have to try it! The red color I purchased is called “Bawse“. I also grabbed a really pretty pink/mauve color called “Dream Huge” that is great for an everyday color. (I’m wearing this color below.)
8. a new dish detergent – this may sound silly, but this detergent is the bomb! Do kids still say that these days? Probably not, but this stuff is the best! I came across it a few months ago and it works a million times better than anything I’ve ever used before. When we first renovated our house, our brand new dishwasher worked like a charm, but as months went on, I found myself doing a lot more scrubbing. Ugh! This detergent seriously will cut your dish cleaning time in half. I don’t know how it does it, but it actually works!
9. a lilac sweater – if I had to name one color for this upcoming season I would say “lilac”. This color is EVERYWHERE! I recently wore this sweater up in Park City and it is seriously so cozy. It really is the perfect addition to your wardrobe during this awkward transition from winter to spring. It’s a great way to stay warm, but bring on the wonderful feeling of spring (in the middle of winter). Plus, it’s only $59 and is super cute! (It does run a little large so if you are in between sizes, size down. I wore an XS.)
If you have recently purchased any new products or gadgets that you’ve loved, please share below. It’s so fun finding new things that make life easier and more fun. Happy shopping!